We understand that there are many questions you may have regarding the recent Stay At Home Orders put in place through April 30 by the State of Texas and City of Lakeway. The situation regarding COVID-19 continues to rapidly evolve with everyday bringing a new challenge. We know it can be confusing with all of the information. While the questions below and the Orders do not cover ALL possible instances of preventing exposure, they are put in place to help prevent the spread of the virus so the healthcare system does not get overwhelmed. Residents must comply with the Orders. Residents should also assess each situation outside the Orders based on their needs, not their wants, especially when it comes to the health and safety of the individual and others they may come in contact with. It’s important everyone does their part to limit the spread. The sooner everyone can follow the Orders and follow their own preventative practices to help limit the spread of this virus, the quicker life can begin to get back to normal. Click here to read the full list of "Essential Critical Infrastructure" and click here to read the Governor’s Order.
Here is a list of FAQs regarding the Stay At Home Orders that you may have (we’ll continue to adapt this list as necessary):
- Can I still go to my doctor appointment? Yes - Essential Activities include those for the health and safety of the public/individual
- Can I keep my teeth cleaning appointment with my Dentist? No - elective dental work is prohibited
- What about getting my haircut? No - barbershops and salons are not listed as "Essential"
- Will I be able to get my prescription medication? Yes - pharmacies are included as "Essential"
- Can I visit the community pool? No - private or public groups are prohibited
- Can I take a walk or jog outside? Yes
- Can I walk my dog? Yes
- Can I take my dog to the dog park? No - while parks are open, park facilities are closed
- Are grocery stores open? Yes
- Can construction of my new home continue? Yes - residential construction can continue
- Will my trash still be collected? Yes - Solid waste collection and removal is listed as ’Essential’
- What about my dry cleaners? Yes
- Can a lawn service still mow my grass? Yes
- Can I meet a group of my friends outside for a game of basketball? No - public and private gatherings are prohibited and court facilities are closed at city parks
- How about golf? Golf facilities are closed. Golfing can only occur by following proper social distancing guidelines.
- How about tennis? No - public and private gatherings are prohibited and court facilities are closed
- Can I visit one of the parks? Yes - but courts, playgrounds and other facilities will be off-limits
- Can I play catch with my son/daughter? Yes - if they’re part of your household
- Can I take my boat on the lake? Yes - but only with members of your household, no other groups
- Will I be able to visit the bank? Yes - financial institutions are not included in the closures
- Can I host a party at my house? No - public and private gatherings are prohibited
- Will I be able to get food from my favorite restaurant? Yes - only if they offer take out, carry out or drive-through service
- Are liquor stores still allowed to stay open? Yes
- How long will these Orders be in effect? The Governor’s statewide Orders are in effect until April 30.
- Will I get a ticket if I violate any of these? City staff will start with education first and then take further steps on enforcement if necessary
Thank you for working together to help limit the spread of COVID-19. Please continue to stay home, wash your hands regularly and practice physical distancing. Your support is greatly appreciated. #stayhometexas