Your safety and civil rights are important to each and every police officer. At the Lakeway Police Department, we are committed to working with you to ensure every encounter you have with one of our officers is as positive as possible.
It is important to remember there are many reasons why you might be stopped by a police officer. Whatever the reason, your cooperation is a vital part of the experience. Police officers are trained to identify and investigate violations of local, state and federal laws. Every situation is different.
• The officer observed a violation of the law.
• You appear to need assistance.
• You are in an area where a crime just occurred.
• You may be a possible witness to a crime.
• You may fit the description of a suspect.
• You may have been identified as a possible suspect or witness.
• Follow their instructions; this is not the time to argue.
• Ask for their supervisor’s name.
• Note the officer’s car number and call as soon as the officer leaves.
• File a complaint by visiting www.lakeway-tx.gov/Police or calling (512) 314-7590.
If you feel the officer did a great job and want to compliment them, visit www.lakeway-tx.gov/Police or call (512) 314-7590.
Click here for a PDF Printable Version