Lakeway Heritage Center - Discover Lakeway's Past
The mission of the Heritage Commission is to preserve, protect, and promote the documents, photographs, and memorabilia that chronicle Lakeway history. Meetings are held quarterly at 11:00 a.m. at the Heritage Center, 963 Lohmans Crossing, Lakeway, TX 78734
Heritage Center Park is open to the public all year. The Heritage Center building is open to the public from January through November on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. excluding holidays. The Center is open by appointment only during December. The Heritage Center is equipped with a computer monitor where visitors can come and view recordings of oral histories, special events, or other local recorded activities that have been archived since the early days of Lakeway. A list of the recordings can be provided upon request. Contact the Heritage Center Archivist at (512)608-9533 or by email for additional information.
In the year 2000, the land known now as Heritage Park was deeded from the Lakeway Historical Society, Inc., to the City of Lakeway with the provision that the land may be used, developed or improved to:
- Further the collection, preservation, storage and display of Lakeway historical items;
- Be a repository for official and historical records regarding the geographical area of Lakeway;
- Develop pride in Lakeway's heritage, growth and development;
- Educate youth and adults about Lakeway's historical significance; and,
- Promote Lakeway's historical sites and legends.