Due to COVID-19 and our sincere concern for the health and well-being of our community and city staff, the Building and Development Services Department (BDS) will not be available to walk-in traffic as of March 19, 2020 at 8 a.m. However, the BDS department WILL continue all operations and services, including inspections.
Applications for permits, plats or plans may be submitted electronically via Permits@Lakeway-TX.gov.
For assistance with this process or for any questions regarding BDS operations, please call (512) 314-7540.
For Code Compliance assistance, please call (512) 314-7550.
The Code Compliance Department - formerly Code Enforcement Department - is undergoing a department makeover and rebranding effort with a focus on voluntary compliance.
The department not only changed in name from Code Enforcement to Code Compliance, but also updated their mission, core commitments and values. This makeover includes updated procedures and communications with a focus on education and community building.
Is to establish and preserve safe and pleasant neighborhoods for the enjoyment of the Lakeway community.
- Customer Experience
Standard Operation Focuses
Code Compliance Officers proactively monitor the community and respond to citizen concerns to ensure compliance with the City of Lakeway Code of Ordinances and uphold the expectations of the Lakeway Community.
Our Focus in Order of Significance is:
3) Finding Solutions
5) Warning and Expectations
6) Notice of Violation
Right of Entry Ordinance Updated
Lakeway City Council on Feb. 19 amended its ordinances regarding right of entry by a code compliance officer into a property to administer or enforce city building codes.
Essentially, permission to enter a private property can only be granted by the property owner, resident, tenant, lessee, or the designated agent of the owner.
Code Amendments (coming soon)
The City of Lakeway is actively working to update the code of ordinances to better meet the expectations of the Lakeway community.
This update specifically focuses on:
- What projects will require a permit.
- Simplification of the permitting process.
- Updating and clarifying City Building Code requirements.
- Streamlining the development process.
- Are storage PODS allowed?
- How can I find out about city codes?
- Who do I contact to discuss a community concern ?
- Are garage sales allowed in Lakeway?
- What are the permitted hours for construction activity?
- I received a Notice of Violation in the mail. What is the fine and how can I pay it?
- I will be conducting an open house. Can I have directional signs?
- When am I allowed to put my trash bins out by the street for collection?
- Can I store my boat or trailer in my driveway?