How to obtain a business license:
- Submit your business license application to [email protected]
- You will receive an email with a project number assigned requesting the $25.00 application/annual fee.
For a new businesses with no permit application submitted or permitted construction plans:
- Schedule a Business License inspection with Lake Travis Fire and Rescue (LTFR) and then with City of Lakeway for the same time and date.
- Schedule before 4pm to be added to the following business day’s schedule.
- In the inspection notes add the time the Fire Dept. will be there and your project number.
*At the inspection – Provide a copy of your lease (listing the legal owner’s name and address) and a copy of your sales tax id number.
Additional information regarding your new business:
- New signage requires a sign permit from the City of Lakeway.
- Food service businesses must obtain a passed health inspection from Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department.
- Business selling alcohol must provide a copy of the liquor license from TABC.
- A Special Use Permit may be required depending on the type of business, please contact the Building and Development Services Department to inquire.