Wendy Askey, Human Resources Director of Lakeway, Texas (2014 – Present)
Wendy Askey holds a Bachelor of Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from California State University, Fullerton. Wendy is a certified Human Resources Professional with the Society of Human Resources Management. Prior to joining the City of Lakeway in 2013, she worked in retail bank management for 16 years.
Wendy enjoys watching her kids in their extracurricular activities, boating on Lake Travis, trail walking, playing cards and dominos, and going to the movies and live theater.
Responsibilities of the Human Resources Director:
- Manages personnel systems and benefits in accordance with delegated authority.
- Develops, monitors, and revises personnel policies and procedures.
- Assists all departments in recruitment, interviewing, hiring and retention procedures.
- Ensures compliance with employment regulations and guidelines dictated by federal, state and municipal laws.
- Develops training programs for needs of each department.
- Maintains benefit administration, retirement and insurance plans.
- Provides staff assistance to other City departments, City Manager’s office, elected and appointed officials, outside agencies and the general public.
You can reach Wendy by emailing her at [email protected] or calling her at 512-314-7508.