Mayor Sandy Cox
Sandy Cox is the Mayor for the City of Lakeway. She was elected in 2018. In a short amount of time, Sandy has rebuilt the pipeline of volunteers to better represent the current Lakeway demographics. She has also opened up and enhanced the communication with area residents, empowered committees and commissions to be the voice of the community, started work to revamp the 20-year Comprehensive Plan, and is working on a multi-faceted transportation plan to improve the safety and connectivity for current residents and guests of Lakeway.
Sandy believes deeply in giving back to the community through volunteerism and board service. She has had the honor to serve with these local charities and boards:
- Lake Travis Youth Association
- Lake Travis KARDIVAS (Social Media & Cyber Bullying Guest Speaker 2011 – Present)
- Lake Travis ISD Bond Advisory Committee
- Lake Travis ISD 2011 Bond Political Action Committee
- Lakeway Visitors Commission
- SafePlace Board of Directors
- Lake Travis Education Foundation
- Lakeway City Council Member
- Clean Air Coalition Committee Member
- Capital Area Council of Governments - CAPCOG Member
- Capital Area Economic Development District Member
Sandy has been a resident of Lakeway for 19 years. She and her husband raised their daughter, Reilly, in Lakeway and still reside in the same home they built in 1999. Sandy holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in both Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering from Georgia Tech. Prior to retiring from the technology industry in 2009, she successfully led worldwide technology businesses, operations, and supply chains for 21 years at Motorola and Freescale.
As empty nesters, Jay and Sandy enjoy boating on Lake Travis, exploring the outdoors and attending artistic events.