The Contractor and City may consider more factors that just price in awarding a sub-contract based on competitive bids and/or proposals, otherwise known as “best value” evaluation. Best value is the tradeoff between price and performance that provides the greatest overall benefit under the specified selection criteria. The criteria that the Contractor and City may consider include:
- the respondent’s experience and reputation,
- the quality of the respondent’s goods or services,
- the respondent’s safety record,
- the respondent’s proposed personnel,
- whether the respondent’s financial capability is appropriate to the size and scope of the project and
- any other relevant factors specifically listed in the requests for bids or proposals.