In Your Car
- Keep your car well-maintained - get regular tune-ups.
The engine will pollute less, run smoothly and save you money.
- Change the fuel filter and air filter at least once a year, or every 12,000 miles.
A dirty air filter has restricted air flow causing the engine to operate less efficiently.
- Keep tires properly inflated and aligned.
This will reduce emissions and save fuel.
- Fill up your gas tank after sunset.
This will keep evaporative emissions from reacting with sunlight to form ozone pollution (smog).
- Don't top off your tank when you refuel.
It may cause spillage, which evaporates and contributes to smog.