• Follow up investigations on cases not cleared by the Patrol Division
• Conduct surveillance
• Gathering and disseminating information to the Patrol Division
• Recognition and documentation of crime patterns
• Action planning to address crime areas
• Working collaboratively with other agencies and prosecutors
• Maintaining records of sex offenders living in Lakeway
The team is comprised of three general assignment Detectives who investigate person and property crimes. Due to the level of sophistication required for efficient investigation of contemporary crime, each Detective has developed an investigation specialty; preparing the
unit to cooperatively investigate even the most complex crimes.
The Criminal Investigations Team is assisted by the Property and Evidence Team.