Councilmember Bridge Bertram Biography
Bridge was born and raised in Denver, Colo. She lived in Irvine, Calif., and Bountiful, Utah before moving with her husband, Michael, to the beautiful Hill Country lake community of Lakeway in 2007.
She loves meeting people and serving in the community which started from the first year she and Michael moved to Lakeway. She met many people through my volunteer efforts including:
- Membership Chairperson Lakeway Newcomers;
- Lakeway Newcomers Officer Nomination Committee;
- City of Lakeway Parks and Recreation Committee;
- City of Lakeway Zoning and Planning Commissioner;
- Judge, Lakeway Fourth of July Parade;
- Lakeway Women in Networking;
- Lake Travis Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors;
- Leadership Lake Travis (3 years) Founding Class, Co-Chair, and Chairperson;
- Lake Travis ISD Advisory Boards;
- Graduate of LTISD CLASS (Community Leaders and Advocates for Student Success) Project;
- Graduate of Lakeway Citizens Police Academy; and,
- Community Advocate and Contributor.
Bridge may be contacted by email.
Experience and Education
After attending the University of Southern Colorado, Bridge very quickly launched Pampered Pets & Property, an in-home pet and home care business in Denver. After three years, she sold the pet company to start as the Managing Principal of Onsite Business Coaching. During 12 years in that position, she worked with many executives in large organizations to assess their challenges, help them get to the core of their issues and then develop strategies and programs to overcome them. That firm specialized in organizational, operational, marketing, budgeting, human resources, and project-management. She still continues to consult through the firm Guidepoint Global.
For two years, Bridge led the training and customer service departments as Corporate Vice President for Woodside Homes in Utah. Not much of a corporate person, she used her ability to assess big challenges in order to gain success, and with my husband, opened a new concept, Papa Murphy’s Take ‘N Bake Pizza along with Traeger Wood Pellet Grills of Austin in 2008.
Michael and I have been married since 2002. We were never blessed with any children but have four-legged, furry ones we call our kids. We also employ many teenagers from Lake Travis, and that has been very rewarding. Finally, we are LifeGroup Leaders and members of the Greeting Team at Austin Ridge Bible Church.