Lakeway Wildfire Readiness Programs and Services
The Lakeway Neighborhood Wildfire Readiness Program is an avenue to educate and empower neighborhoods and homeowners associations with information on how to protect homes from wildfire. This program enables neighborhood leaders to:
- Educate homeowners about the risks of wildland fires and the need to take personal responsibility
- Obtain Neighborhood Wildland Fire risk assessments
- Obtain planning and brush removal support for approved Neighborhood/HOA "Wildfire Ready" Workdays on common areas and home sites.
Neighborhood Program Overview
Neighborhood Program Request Form
Home Wildfire Consultations
The Home Wildfire Consultation is a free, voluntary evaluation of the exterior of your home and landscape for conditions that could make your home vulnerable to wildfire. Lake Travis Fire Rescue's Wildfire Specialist will evaluate your property for fuels that could allow a yard fire or falling embers from a nearby wildfire to ignite your home.
During your Home Wildfire Consultation, you will be walking through with the Wildfire Specialist, learning how to recognize risks as you go. Prior to your consultation, it would be helpful to familiarize yourself with the data collection form and a couple of useful checklists.
- Home Wildfire Consultation data collection form (a.k.a. HIZ Assessment form)
- Wildfire Checklist
- Wildfire Home Assessment and Checklist with illustrations
Home Wildfire Consultation Request Form
"Wildfire Ready" Presentations
Do you have a group interested in learning more about "Wildfire Ready" principles? Our trained volunteers have given talks to homeowners associations, realtors and other community groups. Email the City Forester if you want us to give a presentation.